Review : The Body Shop Lychee Blossom Body Mist

15 Comments
Post by Rekha (Entry 3)

I am a fan of body mists and some of my favorite brands are the Bath & Body works, Victoria’s Secret, The Body Shop, L’Occitane, Bodycology, The Healing Garden and Calgon. Few of them are not available in India and I am interested in trying out the new launches here from Iraya, The Nature’s Company and Enchanteur.

The Body Shop – Lychee Blossom Body Mist is a limited edition body mist from TBS, which according to them has Juicy Lychee and guava with delicately floral magnolia, Lychee blossom and freesia to create a sparkling fragrance with an energetic twist.


According to me it’s always difficult to describe any fragrance! Because what’s good to me may not be the same for you and vice versa Fragrance varies from person to person and depends on factors like mood and personality ! A good fragrance can change our mood instantly and brings back memories good or bad ! Fragrance also changes with time and storage, yep it’s a proven fact so your favorite Chanel N°5 may not be your favorite after 15 years or so.


I am a perfume lover myself and have been collecting perfumes over the past 8 years and I will try my best here to explain the fragrance of Lychee Blossom to the best of my knowledge.

 

Lychee Blossom is a perfect mix of floral and fruity scent. Has a steep citrusy note (read mandarin, close to TBS Satsuma) when sniffed right after the application, but this note fades away beautifully in the next few minutes leaving a splash of fresh floral plus fruity fragrance behind.



 

A delicate floral Magnolia fragrance is a bliss (For those who are not familiar with Magnolia, one of its famous species is called Champa flower in Hindi or Shenpaga poo in Tamil ). Sadly I couldn’t sense even a tinge of a guava here guess the Lychees have taken an upper hand here.



 


The scent stays on for a couple of hours with intensive work and stays a bit longer when Idle. Please note, the staying power of any fragrance generally varies based on a person’s body temperature and sweat gland effectiveness. 



 

One thing which I didn’t like was the packaging! Nothing wrong with the plastic spray bottle, which is by the way easy to carry around and safe to handle! My concern was the cheap aluminum cap that covers the fragrance spray nozzle L TBS if you are reading this by any chance, please improve the quality!


 


Overall the scent is clean, fresh and mild. I wish it had stayed around for a while more. Go for it if you are a Lychee lover, because this is what it is!! Packed with Lychees.


 


TBS Lychee Blossom retails at Rs. 645 or $ 11 for 100 ml

 

So have you tried the TBS Lychee Blossom body mist before? Which is your favorite body mist ?

Let me know in the comments section below.

 

Take care and Thanks for reading.

 

Cheers

Rekha



You may also like

15 comments:

I'd love to hear from you .. :)

HealthKart Discount Coupon

Use Healthkart coupon to get a discount of Rs.100/- on minimum purchase of Rs.500/-
upasanaK115V1CX


Copyright © MakeupMyPassion 2015. Powered by Blogger.