Review : Colorbar Time Plus Long Stay Make Up

43 Comments
Post By Lee (Entry 1)

On my Search For the perfect foundation(within my budget),I decided to check out all the brands. Having had a bad experience with Revlon’s Touch & Glow Foundation  I wasn’t too intent on buying any Revlon variant foundation. But the SA recommended me the Revlon Colorstay foundation. However I found it a little too runny. Plus I wanted to have 1 of those cute dispenser bottles. 

Source : ColorbarCosmetics.com



So this Colorbar Long Stay Makeup caught my eye. Even though I had a hard time choosing the perfect shade for my skin tone(I eventually bought soft ivory),I decided to give it a try




Claims :- 
An oil free formulation that gives the skin a clean matte finish; easy to apply and stays on all day. With SPF 15, it protects the skin and keeps it looking radiant and fresh. Time plus makeup base is available for all skin tone.

Source : ColorbarCosmetics.com


Price:Rs. 450(I got it for Rs. 400 due to the limited offer)
Quantity:30ml

I was excited to apply my NEW foundation but I was in for a rude shock. I usually like to apply foundation with my fingertips rather than a stippling brush or a sponge. Using my old time method I got on to applying it(after a bit of concealer),but this foundation is sooo hard to blend in..Sooo hard! Even really hard strokes don’t work. The worst part is that it gives you a ghostie look which we all hate.
So I was pretty dejected with it until somebody recommended that I apply it with a sponge. And VOILA!!  It worked
It didn’t require much effort after I tried blending it with a moist sponge & I quite liked  the coverage it gave. No more hard strokes required & no more ghostie glows 

Swatch :-




Availability:
Easily available at all colorbar counters


After Blending :-





PROs
1) True to its word it stays on for a long time. Pretty much stays in place for 5-6hrs without any touchups required
2)Gives medium to full coverage
2) I don’t break out after using this product like I did with my earlier foundations
3) It gives a matte yet moisturized glow that I totally love
4) It has SPF-15.Shall I say more? For someone like me who hates applying sunscreen, it’s a boon
5) The price is quite reasonable for the quantity provided
6) It has a light flowery scent unlike the overpowering irritating fragrances of other foundations

CONs
1) It is not for women who don’t like to apply their foundations with a sponge(it does waste a lot of product)
2) It does give a ghostie look if you apply it with fingers or a heavy hand
3) You have to work a little fast to blend it in since it dries quickly
4) It comes in a glass bottle & I’m always afraid of breaking it.So its not suitable for carrying it around in your totes,ladies!
5) It’s a bit tricky to choose the shade that best suits you skin tone due to the limited colour shades available





You may also like

43 comments:

  1. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 10:47

    nice review :D i haven't explored colorbar much yet ! :D All the best swts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ve used this n very ashy luk this offers..i din lyk :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pretty god...nice review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 11:19

    ric did you try it with a sponge as she said ?? :) me too don't like foundi's which look ashy, i think the main reason behind this is that we normally don't get a lot of variety of shades na. .. i'm happy with my mac :D :D 1 time purchase is an investment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly..do try it with a moist sponge..I absolutely hated it until i tried a sponge..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ow i do wanna try mac..guide me na..im actually confused if i should go for inglot or mac..i want a compact that gives a dewy look...oh and i just saw the color shade selection page..When i bought it last yr the select city counter had only 4..Maybe cuz it was recently launched,bt still :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh u should! i especially love their eyeshadows..good mac dupes he he..they have quality products at affordable prices..thought now they keep increasing it :|...
    thank u soooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 13:13

    u shud definitely try out mac and inglot, do u hv stores there ?? u can go out n ask SA to pick up foundi for u,ask them to put it on u and roam around with it for whole day if you like it then u can buy it ;) i'm not sure which stores give sample sachets for foundi or not :( i own mac studio fix fluid which i rarely use :D for my every day use i always lay my hands on studio fix powder foundation and use concealer if needed ;) i love'em <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 13:13

    yea there'are a variety of sponges these days na :D i want beauty blender <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 13:15

    yea they're hiking prices lol :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. it has pump dispenser.. great.. i feel it is a must for any foundation.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yes!..i live in delhi so its easily available :)...actually im not looking for a foundation but a compact..i barely apply makeup except for eyeliners so just needed something that'd give me a bit coverage without looking too made up..I'll definitely try out mac's compact...oh yes!...ive heard so much about beauty blender..looks sooo cute too na..u should review it for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i totally agree laxmi..that was one of the major reasons i bought this and not revlon

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used Revlon.. I know what u feel.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hmm looks good...but needs to be carefully blended .....

    ReplyDelete
  16. it does..but if u dont mind using a sponge then u wont hav much problem with it

    ReplyDelete
  17. This actually sounds gud except for the hard to blend in part. :) Luved the finish on ur hand.

    ReplyDelete
  18. yeah :)..i remember when i used to use
    their crappy touch n glow
    foundation..the product would always
    drip down on the sides of the
    bottle :D..which foundation are u using
    nowadays? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is!..Considering the cost and the quantity its quite a decent product with conditions applied :D..they should give a free sponge with it =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Harshita Srivastava11 June 2012 at 20:02

    I am horrible at selecting a foundation for myself..the last time I wasted money on the wrong one, my Mom asked me come over at home so that she could buy me a suitable foundation and I would stop wasting my pocket money :P
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 20:16

    lai u shud try mac studio fix powder, i've reviewed it
    http://www.makeupmypassion.com/2011/10/review-mac-studio-fix-powder-plus.html :D i want to get beauty blender lets see if i can :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 20:17

    my mac foundi has no pump :( they should at least give foundation dispenser with it. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  23. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 20:18

    oh God i used that once, that was my 1st foundation, it looked so bad, ashy ghostly, broke me out horribly !! that was it for me.. then with enough courage i got myself my mac foundi :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 20:19

    yea be it any foundation, blending is the only key to get a flawless finish <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 20:22

    hahaha harshu i think its best to invest in a right makeup base !! :D u should try inglot or mac :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 20:24

    :) jyo u have flawless skin re ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. omg..same pinch..it was my first too..was a total bleh..definitely gonna invest in mac too now

    ReplyDelete
  28. yea n most of their compacts dont even hav a puff na :(

    ReplyDelete
  29. awww..i used to have the same prob..But that was until i read the products reviews before buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. me agree me agree

    ReplyDelete
  31. ah u said the magic words oopsi

    ReplyDelete
  32. omg..same pinch..it was my first too..was a total bleh..definitely gonna invest in mac too now

    ReplyDelete
  33. aww lai?? sounds so cute..thanku for the new nick..pehle batate..lai bai ban jati =)..i hope u get it too..gonna go read d revu now

    ReplyDelete
  34. MakeupMyPassion12 June 2012 at 13:05

    exactly ! going thru a no.of reviews give u a better idea about the product !! :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. MakeupMyPassion12 June 2012 at 13:07

    u shud :D ur lucky ur in delhi, so many mac stores ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. MakeupMyPassion12 June 2012 at 13:08

    no they have a sponge kinda puff :D but i found brushes are best to work with ;) my studio fix powder foundi's sponge is still new :P

    ReplyDelete
  37. MakeupMyPassion12 June 2012 at 13:09

    hahaha lol :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  38. acha?phele lemme buy mac then u can spoil me with thoughts of deez costly brushes :p

    ReplyDelete
  39. babe juz read it..i hav combi skin..my t-zone tends to get abit oily..will it suit me cuz it mattifies na

    ReplyDelete
  40. MakeupMyPassion12 June 2012 at 17:41

    hahahaah :D :D i knw mac is expensive but worth !!! brushes toh bad me bhi ajaege ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you .. :)

HealthKart Discount Coupon

Use Healthkart coupon to get a discount of Rs.100/- on minimum purchase of Rs.500/-
upasanaK115V1CX


Copyright © MakeupMyPassion 2015. Powered by Blogger.