Review : Nivea Body Lotion - Whitening Cell Repair and UV protect

32 Comments
Hi all !
Today i'd be reviewing one of my latest love, it is Nivea Whitening Cell repair body lotion. I initially was hesitant to get this because i was already happy with Vaseline Healthy White body lotion that helped me in recovering any tan i had. But i wanted to switch over because i was simply wanted a change. So far i've been using this body lotion for more than 3months now, and now is the time to give a verdict on it. Read on to know more..


Claims :-
This specially formulated Body Lotion with 40 times higher concentration of Vitamin C works on you skin from deep within and repairs skin layer by layer to recover skin’s white tone. The innovative fast absorbing formula with unique fruit extracts repairs accumulated damaged dull skin and boosts skin’s natural barrier to fight sun induced skin damage for radiant skin. Its advanced UVA/UVB filters protect your skin from UV-rays, which induce pigmentation and cause dark and uneven skin. 

Price : 115/- (75ml) and Revised Lower price , i.e INR 195/- (250ml)


The packaging is extremely handy and travel friendly, with a flip top cap. It has enough details on the front and back of the bottle.

Ingredients :-


The texture of the body lotion is very light, non greasy and get easily absorbed into the skin, its almost like a milk body lotion and white in color. The fragrance is very pleasant, and a little heavy (when you sniff it, it kind of sits in your lungs ), it smells of some fruit, berry/cherry, its sweet actually, and since the ingredients lists acerola cherry, i assume it smells like the same. You can read the benefits of Acerola Cherry here, and Camu Camu's benefits here. The fragrance is really nice to be used in summers, and i love the way it lingers on for 3-4 hrs.

I got my first bottle (75ml) from Urbantouch.com, and i feel proud to tell you all that this lotion has won over my heart . I religiously started using this (cause i love using body lotions, and use them a lot) on my hands and legs, because after all the home chores and stuff, i feel my hands and legs needs some pampering. Within the use of 2-3 weeks, i noticed a visible, i mean really visible change in my skin. My old, very old tan lightened to an extreme extent !! Let me tell you, i drive activa/car and my hands are most vulnerable to getting tanned, and they tan severely in the summers. Because i had an old tan (anyone who has it can easily tell how tough it is to get rid of it !! ) i was shocked to see my hands getting fair back to what they were, i.e. i checked the area which was covered under my ring, and now the whole of my hand's complexion is even and healthy. 

Coming back to the hydration level, i think Nivea excels in making body lotions which are light weight and super hydrating !! I loved how Nivea Express Hydration Body lotion helped me in past with my dry hands problem, because it is also super light, but excellent in hydrating. Even this body lotion is light weight, non-greasy and moisturizes and hydrates skin very well. I had already finished up the 75ml bottle, and right now using the 250ml bottle. I don't think it would help extreme dry skin, but if you have dry skin then you can definitely mix it up with any other body lotion or body butter. 


I would recommend it to all who suffer from tan, uneven skin tone etc, because i never believed i'd get my hands back to normal, but i'm totally digging this body lotion. The reason why i love it more than Vaseline Healthy White body lotion is that i used it for more than 1 year, and it worked really slow as compared to the nivea cell repair lotion. Also i would suggest it to all the brides to be 

Have you tried Nivea Whitening Cell repair Body lotion ??

Godbless !!



You may also like

32 comments:

  1. i love nivea but didn't see the cell repair claims and frankly that doesn't really take me in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MakeupMyPassion10 June 2012 at 13:02

    that depends on your requirements, this really works well on old tan cause i had it and experienced it working effectively, i'm not saying it whitened my skin, if there's a scope of getting ur skin back to what it was then one should try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review Upasana.. I'm buying this.. :) I get tanned so easily.. seems a must buy for me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. MakeupMyPassion10 June 2012 at 13:45

    you must try this laxmi, at least i never thought that i'd get rid of tan that i developed over the years, i completely left wearing small sleeves cause of fear of getting tanned :( i can atleast vouch for this lotion now :D it has made a huge difference to my skin !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know that there's a product that actually does a great job at everything. Adding it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...I have been using this lotion since a few months..I too love the fragrance :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i definitely need this!! my hands are tanned so badly and it is the "old" tan which im finding difficult to remove!! have to get this.. or rather send it over na :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. MakeupMyPassion10 June 2012 at 21:31

    :D u should try this one deeps !! i'm so happy i tried this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MakeupMyPassion10 June 2012 at 21:31

    :D u should try this one deeps !! i'm so happy i tried this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. MakeupMyPassion10 June 2012 at 21:32

    :D fragrance is nice and different frm the rest na.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harshita Srivastava10 June 2012 at 21:35

    I haven't tried this on as I have been using Vaseline Healthy White since quit sometime..I guess I'll have to put it in my kitty soon, I am so tanned..
    Nice review Ooopsiii :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. MakeupMyPassion10 June 2012 at 21:46

    :D u can switch on harshu :) i'm sure u'd love it..

    ReplyDelete
  13. MakeupMyPassion10 June 2012 at 21:46

    even i was glad wen i saw it working :) do let me knw how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shilpa Gandotra10 June 2012 at 22:55

    Wow - I have a similar story about Vaseline healthy white and since I finished that bottle I was really wondering whether to buy this or not. Now I can!


    do check out my latest post: http://ourexternalworld.blogspot.in/2012/06/tatha-face-scrub-anti-ageing-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 10:01

    Welcome shilpa :) yea i'm happy i switched to it ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love it too <3...n it smells absolutely divine!..like u i was using vaselinez healthy white body lotion n i agree nivea showed more prominent n faster results

    ReplyDelete
  17. MakeupMyPassion11 June 2012 at 18:36

    haina :D it worked faster as compared to vaseline !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh thank u for a great review. Even I have started using it hoping it would work. Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I was thinking to buy only 75 ml, just to give a start but after reading ur review i would go for 250ml, or more if available. Thank you so much once again.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. MakeupMyPassion2 August 2012 at 18:05

    pleasure indy :) :) Bless u too

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your review, i think i will try this out :):)

    xoxo
    tiffanykeepgoing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi. i live in durban, south africa, where can i purchase the nivea
    skin whitening lotion

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi @3fe426778d6cdb5ddb3adae946fcdda8:disqus !! there's another version of the same body lotion on ebay, check it here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nivea-Body-Lotion-UV-Whitening-EXTRA-Cell-Repair-and-Protect-50x-Vitamin-C-50-ml-/261099754546?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3ccac21432 :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nivea-UV-Whitening-Extra-Cell-Repair-and-Protect-Body-Lotion-400ml-/110966382406?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item19d61c9f46

    ReplyDelete
  25. Im currently using this body lotion..n im totally in love wid it.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. i absolutely love it neha !! :D its my H.G body lotion !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mine too....it's smell is soo refreshing.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. can we use this for the tan on the face???? if not what do u think would work best for the face tan???

    ReplyDelete
  29. Where can I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  30. it works equally fine for face too, but i have seen the major changes on my arms, hands and legs :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes I agree what I need is a heathy skin rather than just whitening...I found the requirement with this product

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi,
    For the ingredients, are the safe? As in they will not cause long term effect in the future (eg. mercury has side effects)?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you .. :)

HealthKart Discount Coupon

Use Healthkart coupon to get a discount of Rs.100/- on minimum purchase of Rs.500/-
upasanaK115V1CX


Copyright © MakeupMyPassion 2015. Powered by Blogger.