The Journey So Far : Season 1

37 Comments
Hi all !
Umm.. it seams like it was only yesterday when it all began, well to be frank enough i didn't knew it would work.. what am i talking about ?? My blogging journey...


How did you Start Blogging ?
It was during my summer vacations last year, that i came across "Blogger", i'm humiliated to tell that i didn't came across it before that  because i was too busy "farming" for more than 2yrs  (Farmville) and never even followed any beauty blogs. Hmm... that was how i met Blogger..

How did you start Makeup ?
Well, it was in me forever.. i did it while i was free, i did it while i had to attend any function, i did it on others, i worked on brides (sisters in the family circle), i did it on my mum and sis during vacations (they were my prey ) .. i experimented with almost every product i could find in my mum's purse (she had only kajal and lipstick ). And the time i did my very first post, i had like 3-4 things to experiment with. I wasn't obsessed for makeup products till then, because i don't know why i always adjusted with whatever things i had.

How has been your journey so far ?
Well, it has been a pleasant one so far.. but i must admit i had 0 stuff while i started blogging, and i sometimes struggled because i felt the need to buy new products. Being a collegiate it was obviously difficult to shop & save, save & shop ... you know what i mean !! 

Then i started saving, saving more, and saving even more.... !! I saved so much that i bought a lot in a 2months, great enough to help me out with my makeup needs. Makeup needs ?? err... eye makeup tutorial needs because many of you who know me personally, know that i rarely do any "makeup" on a routine  basis. But ofcourse, i love to look good for special occasionsm who doesn't ? 

I started from scratch, because i didn't follow any blogs, and not even had any experience in writing and especially photography !! Thankfully , i had a good digi cam to start my blogging with, and that's how everything started (atleast in my mind)


What are your preparations before you do any eyemakeup tutorial ??
I always spread around my makeup stuff on bed (yep bed.. i'm too lazy to go and sit in front of vanity table), and start playing with colors. I never prepare any look, just get prompted by the colors to pick them  and yea, Parita has asked me so many times to do a post on how i click photos for the tutorial, i do one step then i click a pic, do second then click another and so on.. (pari i'll do a post for the same ). Once i'm done with the look, i go for the final photoshoot .

What was the turning point of your Blogging journey ?
Every thing has been so important and i feel like i've come out a long way. The biggest thing for me was when i saved alot and bought my MAC products, it was the best moment of my life because i spent all that i saved also because it was awesome !! The other important thing that happened was, i got to make so many friends through blogging, Zara bhabs, deeps, ric, aayu, lee and so many more.. Not to forget i worked hard and got appreciated for my work on WiseShe, Thanks to Ana , i still write for both the blogs and i'm happy that i have appreciators and dedicated readers out there. 

All this while what was your goal ?
My Goal was simple, to be helpful to people and help them learn makeup and overcome the hesitation. It was through blogging that i worked on my mistakes too, i practiced more and now i can say that i've done quite a lot of hard work past one year. Now when i see at my posts and compare, i definitely see a lot of improvement. Overall i'm glad because i don't consider my work "stale", because ive seen improvement in my work, and more appreciation from you all 

What is your To-Buy List this year (if any) ??
Last year i wished to get MAC, even before i started blogging, i guess in January, and i was successful enough to purchase all the basic essential stuff from MAC in October,2011. There's no such list this year, but yes the brands things that are still on my list are, BEN NYE, Kryolan, Inglot. Not to forget i do wish to purchase a few more brushes too (maybe sigma again this time, as recently i got 22 piece brush set from Coastal Scents).

Do i Suffer from Writer's Block ?
Yes ! a lot many times.. infact most of the times it happens with me, i want to write but i don't get enough words to write it down or i just don't seem to do it. I don't run out of ideas, i just need to get over the "Blues" and make myself sit and write, complete it till i don't finish it up. Many a times, i don't like my work, but it turns out well according to all of you, and it makes me so happy 


What's the future plan ?
Well i want to fall in love & get married , LOL yes.. but my future plan is to keep blogging and share my talent with you all however it is helpful to you. I maybe slow, i might not be that great, my tutorials my not be so good, but i promise to work hard and post as much as i can. I doubt how often i would be able to post once i'm on job, but i won't stop blogging *pinky promise*  *TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLIED 



Thanks a lot for reading guys, and i love you so much for the great support you all give and support me throughout. I love it when you drop in your requests (not many, but i'm happy with whatever/however i can reply to your requests). I love it when i see your comments, because it boosts up my confidence and assures me that i'm of some use (atleast not useless LOL ), and last but not the least , i'm so pleased and can't thank you all for showing your support for the latest contest . Over last 1 year, i've written more than 300 posts for both the blogs and i just can digest it  but yes i did . Wish me luck for future, and keep supporting me and don't forget to enter the giveaway that i have organised specially for this celebration.

Godbless !!




You may also like

37 comments:

  1. upsi upsi upsi :* :* :*
    first of all congratulations fr such a big milestone..having a blog n makin it popular is no easy task..i knw uve worked so hard on it n i hope this is one of the many annivz to come..hope it keeps growing more n more
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MMP
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MMP
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U :*
    Hope u have a succesful n long blog journey ahem along with ur hubby :D
    im so glad u did this unique feature..it was so nice reading ur journey n in typical upsi fashion it was funny..Loved it upsi boo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 10:46

    hahaha aaww thanku lolli :D :* :* :* :* :* :* <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanveer Parmar9 July 2012 at 10:49

    Congrats Upsi! Well done.. wish you many happy returns of such milestones in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 10:56

    thanku soo sooo much Tanveer Parmar :D :D thnks for ur wishes :* <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww.... awww.... awww..... so sweet... nice..... hope u hav a long long long pleasant journey ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  6. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 11:17

    thnku soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much sallu :D :* <3 i wish it remains a pleasant journey :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. it wil as long as u do such fab eye make up it will!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 11:50

    <3 <3 thnkuuu :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of al Congrats for completing the challenging journey so far....
    Although i'm not "Purana Ppl" on blog... bt i hv shared a loving relationshp with it :-)
    I appreciate not only ur looks/tutorials but also d dedication u hv for the reader/request/ blog ... which is remarkable & loving...
    i find ur blog a neat nd clean one bole toh u dnt run to write on evrything... u first exp it nd den give ur fair review... thats wht i love ... & 1 more thing i noticed abt this blog is... u never go for popularity or inc number of ppl on ur blog... u believe in having dedicated readers nd b happy with tht <3 <3

    I feel lucky to b a member of ur blog :) and i wish u loads of love nd success in ur life...n pray u gt ur prince charming soon ..... <3 <3 <3
    Love u upsi...
    keep it up ...lage raho upsi :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww..upsi!!! congrats on ur 1 yr anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on reaching this milestone! you have achieved so much in only a year and I think it will be onwards and upwards. I am happy to find your blog, and I have become a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. o ho ho aayu.... ooof!!! sahi hai :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blog Anniversary MMP! Congos Upsi!! :* This is one of those blogs which always retains a reader's excitement.. looking fwd to more tutorials!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Upasana & may you reach many more milestones :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many Many congratulations to you for completing 1 successful year ....May your blog grow world wide....and may you prosper day by day...I wish and pray that we'll celebrate many more birthdays of your blogs... :D
    Happy Birthday MakeUpMyPassion Blog..... Congratulations...... *claps* <3
    Luv u... :-*

    ReplyDelete
  16. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 17:49

    Thank you soo soo much prabh :D your encouragement has helped me work more.. :D thnku so much for being around :* :* <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 17:52

    Thanku so much @Uzma :D :*

    ReplyDelete
  18. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 17:55

    Deepssssssssssssssssssss !! :D i'm so happy that you'r always excited an u look forward to my work swts :D :-* i'm soo happy to have met u :D :-* <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 17:59

    aww Thnku so much @Dipti i'm happy to have you here.. stay around dear.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 18:00

    Thanku so much phil :D and Welcome swts :-*

    ReplyDelete
  21. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 18:04

    awwwwwwwwwwww aayu :D *emotional* .. i know u've been so supporting since we've met :D i'm glad i met u thru my blog *pat my back* :D .. i'm very happy u understand the mood of my blog, and it feels oooh soo gud to have u as a dedicated reader swts :-* and me to praying for prince charming *blush* :D :D thnku so much aayu... :-*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heartiest Congratulations to U my babe :* <3


    Love ur blog and u veryy very much! i love the eye tuts and reviews u put up, everything is so unique and ur view point is nothing repetitive from the otheers. u r very helpful, cheerful n loving girl babe... God bless u n may ur blogg have 100 more anniversary's like this.


    WIsh u loads of love n luck n succes


    Love
    Me :* <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 18:28

    thnkuuu so much for ur warm wishes ric :* <3 i too pray i come up with season 70+ :P :D aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.. i need u al to stand by me throughout ;D Godblessss :* <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jyotsna Phanisri9 July 2012 at 19:45

    Congratulations Upasana!! Way to go girl!! :) :)

    I love ur Make-up tutorials!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. COngrats Ups!!! Wish u many many more yrs of blogging! :) :) muaaahh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 20:40

    Thnku soo much Jyotsna Phanisri :D :D :* m so glad u find them useful <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. MakeupMyPassion9 July 2012 at 20:52

    thnku sooooooooooooooooo much bhabs :* luv u :*

    ReplyDelete
  28. :D :D.... hum toh aise he hn bhaiya....ye apna fashion hn bhaiya :D
    bhagwan teri manokamna puri kare ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. salma jyada emotional ho gaya kya :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. MakeupMyPassion10 July 2012 at 09:58

    Thnku kej :-* :-*

    ReplyDelete
  31. MakeupMyPassion10 July 2012 at 09:58

    hahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. nahi re... sahi hai... :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Harshita Srivastava13 July 2012 at 10:10

    Congoss babe...I'm so happy for you..your posts are always a learning experience for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. MakeupMyPassion13 July 2012 at 11:03

    thnku harshu :D i'm glad u lik my effort :*

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you .. :)

HealthKart Discount Coupon

Use Healthkart coupon to get a discount of Rs.100/- on minimum purchase of Rs.500/-
upasanaK115V1CX


Copyright © MakeupMyPassion 2015. Powered by Blogger.