Review : Lush Aqua Marina Cleanser

10 Comments
Hi all !!
Today i'd be reviewing Lush Aqua Marina cleanser, that i purchased in February. I have used it extensively and now i can give my verdict on how good it is.. Everyone raves about this cleanser..find out if i agree with them.


Price : INR 585/- for 100gms
Shelf Life : 3 months (i'm happy its not 3 weeks lol )
Claims :- 
Skin-softening seaweed cleansing wash. Aqua Marina is a calming but effective cleanser and a joy to use. Like a pink mousse wrapped in seaweed, it feels so soft and wobbly that you'll want to play with it, rather than clean your face with it. Smooth it on, rinse it off and your face feels smooth, smells sweet and looks brighter. It has calamine and aloe vera to soothe irritated skin, especially when you've been caught by the sun or the wind. The kaolin cleanses deeply and tightens your skin a little. Immediate result: smoother, softer and firmer skin straight away. Long term result: using Aqua Marina will help to get rid of your skin's toxins and protect it from the wear and tear of daily life. 


Ingredients :-


The packaging is usual black matte tub, and 100gms tub fits nicely in your palm. I personally don't like tub packaging, but when its lush you can't complain. The tub packaging might be travel friendly, but you don't always drag stuff you can't take care of while travelling. So this is best to be used at home.


The reason I bought it was to remove the tan, so obviously i had huge expectations from it. Initially when i started using the cleanser, the first thing i noticed was the smell fragrance, it was ok but i didn't like it. The second thing i noticed was the seaweed, which came along the scooped cleanser on my hand. I thought freak.. am i supposed to use it on my face ?? I was like "this looks like algae" lol  but any how i used the "algae" on my face  Did i notice any change ?? Well no, not at the first time, so i decided to use it daily at least once (to get rid of the mild tan i had from winters + whatever tan i had got till now) . 
  • Using it almost daily helped clean my face a lot.
  • It made skin even, and removed the tan (but with daily use only)
  • The marks on my face are fading out evenly
  • It gives my skin a brightness and my skin glows !! 


The seaweed gets dissolved (not completely) on the face, the closest example i can give is the way paper gets dissolved and fleshy. But it kind of helps in exfoliation. 


The best way to use it is :-
  • Wet your face.
  • Scoop out some aqua marina on your finger.
  • Rub the finger (with A.M on it) on your face in circular motion.
This way, it will be less messy + no mixing required on your palm, and then back to your face etc etc  Trust me i used it with many methods i got to read on internet, but using it with finger is most easiest and mess free !!

What i like about it :-
  • Excellent product to remove tan
  • Removes marks from face gradually
  • Natural ingredients
  • Even skin tone
  • Mild exfoliation

What i don't like about it :-
  • Cost !! 
  • Shelf life (but still it is good as compared to shelf life of other lush products)
  • Tub packaging (can't help with that now)
  • No visible changes for pores & black/white heads

Of course you need to clean up your makeup with a remover before using this cleanser, as this doesn't removes the makeup. I normally remove my makeup (if any), then wash my face with a normal face wash (currently using Dove face wash-deep pure), and once i'm assured i use A.M on my face, and on days when i have time , i massage it on my damp face and then let it dry for 2-3 min, and then again massage it with damp hands and then let it dry like a mask (this works great as a mask too).

I'm loving this cleanser, and after using it for more than 4 weeks i can assure that this is the best way to remove tan (it is all natural & obviously cruelty free), i don't mind shelling 585/- once in a while for a product that works greatly on removing my tan.

Oh btw check out how it is made HERE

Have you used Lush A.M ?? Share in your experience.

Godbless !!



You may also like

10 comments:

  1. hey Upasana...honestly, I feel that I am the only one who didn't like this as much as other people!!! I didn't really feel it was worth the cost or that it did anything different to my skin :( I don't think it helped me with tan also and yes, the smell is really funky...I do wanna try out their dark angels though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MakeupMyPassion27 March 2012 at 14:51

    hii .. !! Even i thought at first that it isn't doing anything to my skin.. but i started using it twice a day and that too daily, then gradually i started noticing the change, and now i've cut down the usage to once a day :) smell is reallt weird i'm not too fond of it :( 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like surely going for this product! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MakeupMyPassion27 March 2012 at 21:09

    U shud get it :D thanku 

    ReplyDelete
  5. then it seems like a regular usage would help but using it in the morning is a little difficult for me coz there is always a danger that water would enter the tub as I am always rushing in the morning unless its a sat and sun :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. MakeupMyPassion27 March 2012 at 22:39

    you shud try it before bed then :D :D do use it as a mask too !! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review girly....a very good product too,...its natural...and good to know about its results.... ;) 

    ReplyDelete
  8. MakeupMyPassion1 April 2012 at 19:25

    thnku prabh :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thos is sch an amazing product.....both this an AOBS are my summer treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. MakeupMyPassion2 April 2012 at 20:49

    Zee i wanna tru herbalism next :D then aobs ;) hv u tried herbalism ?? ana recod me to use herbalism :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you .. :)

HealthKart Discount Coupon

Use Healthkart coupon to get a discount of Rs.100/- on minimum purchase of Rs.500/-
upasanaK115V1CX


Copyright © MakeupMyPassion 2015. Powered by Blogger.