Review : Lakme Nine to Five Dual Action Makeup Remover

7 Comments

Post by Richa (Entry 2)
Hey Girlzz..!!!(Welcome to the Girls World)

Product Review : Lakme Nine To five Dual Action Makeup Remover



I have been on the hunt for a good eye makeup remover for years. This is the first eye makeup remover I have ever used. I have been using Maybelline eye makeup remover, i guess from past 4-5 months.  I liked Maybelline and the similar brands because they are oil free.  But I realized that using this makeup remover had its problems like its not oil free at all. This product always leaves an oily residue behind, along with a lot of mascara on my lashes and around my eyes I had to use more of it, in order to remove my eye makeup. . And the most dislike thing the flip-top bottle makes wetting a Q-tip difficult and I never know how much to squirt onto a cotton ball (Maybelline).

I don't use the flip top because it seems like I always break them off, so I just unscrew the lid and use a cotton ball to remove ALL eye make-up. I would use the remover, wash my face, and use it again, and still my makeup would not be fully removed.  About a month ago, I paid a visit to “Empire Store” Sector -17 Chandigarh after my class and decided to give the Lakme brand a try.  Because it is a less oily, I do this quick process: I use the remover and then I wash my face.  My eye makeup, including liner and mascara are fully removed and the oiliness is all gone.  No makeup or residue left behind! Because it was oil free.



Ingredients Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Isohexadecane, d-Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caprylyl / Capryl Glucoside, dimethicone, sodium Chloride, disodium EdTa, dipotassium Hydrogen Phosphate, fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, dmdm Hydantoin (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

Price: Rs.295
Quantity: 120ml
Shelf life:2 years

What the company claims:
This twin-phase makeup remover has a unique formulation that gently but thoroughly removes all kind of makeup, including long-wearing makeup.Removes All Kind of Lip, Eye and Face makeup.

Usage:
  • First step shake well 
  • Take 2 or 3 cotton wool pads  for removing the eye and lip makeup
  • Cap tightly after use to prevent evaporation.
  • Most important rinse with cool water after using the make up remover..



Performance:
The Spray top squeeze out bottle is the best for makeup removers because I'm usually tired and in a hurry to remove make-up at night. It's fast, easy and convenient. I can control the amount exactly depending on how heavy my makeup is that day. The formula works effectively, but it smells not good. :P . I'm gonna keep the bottle and refill it with my other removers next. :)




What I like about Lakme five to nine Dual Action Make-up Remover
  • For an inexpensive eye makeup remover that actually works, try Lakme.
  • It gives fantastic results and doesn't ever irritate my sensitive skin.
  • I got onto this because at one point I loved Maybelline makeup. I used it for years. However, I've found Lakme's to be better at removal.
  • Best of all, no eye irritation afterwards.
  • The quality of the product is good, it does take out makeup smoothly without having to rub hard.
  • It is a light pink plastic bottle with a light pink plastic cap and comes in spray form.


What I  don’t like about five to nine Dual Action Make-up Remover
  • The pack is priced at Rs.395 for 120ml which is a little expensive.
  • The only con I did not like is I feel it leaves my eyes bit oily, even though it says oil free :-(
  • Another problem is that it has no smaller pack of 60ml or less
  • One of my Friend used this product(Maybelline) as well and I advised her to try my Lakme : she agreed the Lakme did a better job. It's okay, but not the best, As Every1 has her own point of view ;)
  • Can't beat the price with Maybelline !!



Will I recommend this?
Yes of course!  This is simply outstanding....

Hope it’s helpful. 
Cheers!




You may also like

7 comments:

  1. MakeupMyPassion12 March 2012 at 18:04

    Thank you for the review Richa :) :) i would definitely get this next tym :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still like this alot..mine is just getting over and m plannin t restock :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MakeupMyPassion12 March 2012 at 18:41

    i have been using maybelline one :D its also good, but since this is for the whole face, i will get it next ;) 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review Richa.....godd product... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MakeupMyPassion12 March 2012 at 19:10

    :) hope she's fine now 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harshita Srivastava12 March 2012 at 23:19

    Hey Richa you've done a great review and I'm planning to buy this one as even I had the same problem with Maybelline

    ReplyDelete
  7. MakeupMyPassion13 March 2012 at 14:40

    Isn't here review quite convincing harshita :) i'm too planning to buy this one once my maybelline remover gets over :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you .. :)

HealthKart Discount Coupon

Use Healthkart coupon to get a discount of Rs.100/- on minimum purchase of Rs.500/-
upasanaK115V1CX


Copyright © MakeupMyPassion 2015. Powered by Blogger.