Review : KONAD Stamping Nail Art T SET & NOTD

14 Comments


Post By Lee (Entry 3)

Heya Girlies,
Delhi’s weather has been scorching lately so I’ve been stuck at home L.So apart from spending my time by haunting the beauty blogs(hee hee) it gave me time to practice my “Konadicure” skills.

I’ve been crazy about nail art since I was a teen but nail art for me consisted of dotting my nails or neon colored tips. So I used to get my nails done from my professional Nail Artist (yeah that’s what I call them :p) but bi-weekly trips were burning a hole in my pocket ..err I mean in my mother’s pocket ..um or purse or whatever. So I finally decided to take the plunge and get myself on the KONAD nail art bandwagon and bought myself their T SET



Price: Rs 900 (I got it for Rs 630 from Healthkart)

The T SET contains:
  • 1 Image Plate (m 36)
  • 1 Scraper
  • 1 Stamper
  • 2 KONAD Special Nail Polish (Black and White)
  • 1 KONAD Top Coat


INSTRUCTIONS (from the packaging)
  1. Apply base coat or regular polish to nail(I’ve applied Colorbar’s “Exclusive 44”as my base coat).
  2. Apply KONAD Special Nail Polish to the desired image within a plate.
  3. Make the scraper leaned over 45 degrees and scrape excessive polish off QUICKLY and strongly.
  4. Quickly press the stamper onto the plate to pick up the design.
  5. Stamp the image onto your nail with a gentle rolling motion or just press down and lift up immediately.
  6. For lasting wear,apply top coat slightly and quickly

My Experience:
The set comes in a cute pink packaging which is very attractive(cmon its pink!) and easy to carry. At first the instructions did sound a bit complicated to me but I actually found it quite easy to do. You just have to be a bit quick so make sure you have the stamper and scraper nearby at all times. The only real problem I have is with this particular image plate, The designs are very delicate for a beginner and I’ve had a hard time with perfectly placing the design on the nail.



Tips :- 
  • Work on a table with paper underneath as it tends to get messy.
  • Do NOT work under a running fan or AC otherwise the nail polish will dry up too quickly for you to pick up.
  • The scratcher provided has a  blade underneath which leads to scratches on the image plate so instead of using the scratcher use any expired credit/debit/ATM card.
  • Use a cheap nail polish remover since it requires a huge quantity.
  • After doing each nail wipe the image plate and scraper with the remover using a pair of tweezers to hold the cotton ball .This way the design wouldn’t get messed up. Wipe the stamper if there is any residue of the design.
  • First try practicing with your old nail polishes on paper to get the hang of it so as to not waste the special polishes which are quite costly.
  • Buy the whole set instead of buying the special polishes,image plate,scraper and stamper separately as this will be more economical.
  • Let the design COMPLETELY dry before applying the top coat otherwise the design will get streaked. Use KONAD top coat since other branded top coats do lead to streaking of the design.
  • My most important tip-While applying the special nail polish on the plate instead of putting the brush back in bottle just put it aside on the paper. Ive noticed I waste quite some time while putting the brush carefully back into the bottle since it does have a small opening.

PROs :- 
  • Get professionally done nails in the comfort of your home and at a fraction of the price when compared to a nail bar.
  • Easy to use albeit after a bit of practice.
  • Loads and loads of design to choose from.
  • This particular set has two basic colors which are mostly required.


CONs :-
  • Its not easily available even in major cities. Though most of the online sites do stock it and give major discounts but it will be a major con for someone who doesn't like shopping online.
  • The special polishes are very expensive.
  • The scraper leaves marks on the image plate.
  • The image plate has very delicate outlined designs so they don’t show up prominently and they are harder to stamp as compared to full nail image designs.

  If you’re like me who loves nail art but can’t do anything more than dotting or simple designs then I’ll highly recommend this to you. It does sound a bit complicated at first but once you get the hang of it,you’ll find it very easy and not so time consuming. Do buy it online since most sites offer good discounts on it.



You may also like

14 comments:

  1. MakeupMyPassion24 June 2012 at 11:58

    i loved it lee :D :D i too want this kit for me now.. although i'm quite sluggish and clumsy wen it comes to anything related to nail art :P but i should invest in a nice kit, maybe i too can do it lol :D and i loved the last pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review Lee...I liked this kit and I'm surely gonna buy it...m also very fond of doing nail art... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to get this for a long time..wil pick it up soon..nice review

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad u liked it babes :D..n dont worry im damn clumsy as well but u dont need any skills for this..its damn easy.do give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh then u'll love it prabh..plus they hav so many image plates of different designs to choose from

    ReplyDelete
  6. MakeupMyPassion24 June 2012 at 21:11

    will try this ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice nail art.. what is the base coat nail enamel u are wearing. .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Addictedtonailpaints25 June 2012 at 09:59

    Lovely... I think Konad hates me.. I can never stamp my nails perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have this set.. but my stamp always dries up before i can even press it on my nails :( do i need to practice more? thanks.. and am following your blog now.. do check out mine and follow via GFC

    my new post - The_10_Acne_Commandments

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Swts :)..Im wearing Colorbar's exclusive 44 :)..its my favourite shade this season

    ReplyDelete
  11. It just needs a bit of practise amric..try stamping without a fan and on paper first

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Swts :)..Im wearing Colorbar's exclusive 44 :)..its my favourite shade this season <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Doc..nice to see u here..do try stamping without a fan or an ac..i know n this heat thats not possible so i usually chill my room fr 2 hrs n thn stamp without a fan or ass..try practising on a paper

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you .. :)

HealthKart Discount Coupon

Use Healthkart coupon to get a discount of Rs.100/- on minimum purchase of Rs.500/-
upasanaK115V1CX


Copyright © MakeupMyPassion 2015. Powered by Blogger.