Review : Colorbar Eyeshadow Expensive Pink & Gorgeous Gold

25 Comments


Post By Lee (Entry 4)

Hello Beauties,

I’m back again with two other Colorbar gems. No I’m not their brand ambassador im just in love with their products. Today I’ll be reviewing 2 eyeshadows -Gorgeous Gold & Expensive Pink. For the full review of Colorbar eyeshadows go here



Price: Rs 300 for 3 gms
Shelf life : Best before 3 yrs of manufacturing



Pigmentation :Very highly pigmented. Doesn’t need a primer to bring out the color even with a single swipe

Staying Power : Excellent staying power.Stays for 6-7 hrs without a primer with just a bit of creasing

Gorgeous Gold :-
This is one of my favourite eyeshadows or should I say a highlighter..It is a light golden lemony shade with fine whitish silver shimmer which is perfect for highlighting your brow bone, the inner corners of your eyes and your cheeks. I use it mostly as a highlighter rather than an eyeshadow. 

Expensive Pink :-
It’s a plumish pink shade with slightly red undertones.It has very fine plum coloured shimmers which are very subtle and give a nice sheen. It can be worn as a single E/S all over the lid or used as a crease eyeshadow.. I don’t like doing a black smokey look but this is a perfect shade to do a subtle smokey look. I just apply “expensive pink” all over the lid and blend a bit of black eyeshadow on the outer edge.It’s a very versatile shade and can be worn any which way you like be it for offices, cocoktail parties or Indian ethnic wear.I even apply it to line my eyes and it looks just like Colorbar’s I glide pencil in the prunella shade

Here's me wearing expensive pink all over the crease :-



Here i've used Expensive pink all over the lid :-


Unlike Colorbar’s “Really Rose” Eyeshadow this didn’t fall out 1 bit. ”Expensive Pink” is one of the prettiest shades I’ve come across.A definite must have for any eye makeup lover.

Here i've used Gorgeous gold to highlight brow bone and inner corner of eye :-



And here i've used Gorgeous gold as a cheek highlighter :-


Gorgeous Gold has very minimal fallout and like most Colorbar eyeshadows it is very easy to blend.It has very good staying power and when applied over my blush to highlight my cheeks it made my blush last even longer !!

Have you tried Colorbar Expensive pink & gorgeous gold eyeshadows ?



You may also like

25 comments:

  1. MakeupMyPassion29 June 2012 at 11:07

    waah aayu !! :D loved it the way u've used both the shadows :D <3 ekdum jhakas ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. upsiiiiiiiiii its lee....... :P
      itna pyar ho gaya tumko mujhe ki tumhe main he dikh ri hu har jagah :D

      Delete
  2. This is our Wiseshe Aayushi? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no heena its LEE.......
      nd i loved hw u sd "OUR" wiseshe Aayushi :)
      :*

      Delete
  3. MakeupMyPassion29 June 2012 at 11:36

    heena she's lee ;) :P not aayu :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. m not able to see my comment :\

    ReplyDelete
  5. u cmnted 'aayu' in cmnt section here na.. so i thot its her :P


    And, a great job for sure, Lee!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. heena soon i will be able to do makeup like u guys.....
    trying trying......... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. MakeupMyPassion29 June 2012 at 11:52

    it is here aayu :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. MakeupMyPassion29 June 2012 at 12:00

    oh lol actually i was having convo wid both islie muh se nikal gya :P i'l correct it :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..,,love the shade.. love the way u have applied it... mast hai! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi....nice review LEE. Loved your EOTD. Pink & gold always makes a great combination. I have Black Tie ES from Colorbar but hardly use it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. MakeupMyPassion29 June 2012 at 13:01

    hii Ray.. hows black tie ??

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank u so much ray..hehe yeah though i was a bit hesistant about using gold in the smokey look :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw thankies upsi :*

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks a ton heena :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is me me me lolz

    ReplyDelete
  16. MakeupMyPassion29 June 2012 at 13:43

    aayu try try ;) n u'l succeed :D :*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I find the glitter in it a bit chunky for an ES. Otherwise its a pretty decent product

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely eotd! I want colorbar.. i have only the pencil in prunella :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a sucker for golds and this one looks so right! Now I am split between faces stackables and this one :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. MakeupMyPassion29 June 2012 at 20:38

    i want to try their phamousss penzillssss :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. MakeupMyPassion29 June 2012 at 20:38

    nivi i too have this n its a pretty frosty lemony/golden shadow ! apt for highlighting :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful shades Lee....Loved the pink 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. MakeupMyPassion1 July 2012 at 14:13

    prabh :D expensive pink is close to miss claire cranberry shade ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you .. :)

HealthKart Discount Coupon

Use Healthkart coupon to get a discount of Rs.100/- on minimum purchase of Rs.500/-
upasanaK115V1CX


Copyright © MakeupMyPassion 2015. Powered by Blogger.