Review : Lotus Sunscreen Face Wash Gel

10 Comments


Post by Deepika (Entry 11)
Lotus Herbals comes out with the most innovative products at times (Remember the hype over the SPF 90 sunscreen?) Well this was another product I spotted in a supermarket and I decided to go ahead and buy it just for its claims and uniqueness. Presenting to you… The Lotus Sunscreen Facewash Gel!!



Now how would it be if we could just use a facewash which also works as a sunscreen and tadaaa!! Ready for the day! But sadly it doesn’t work that way and this innovative product just doesn’t live up to my expectations.

What Lotus claims:



Price: Rs 110
Qty: 80 gms
Ingredients: 

The facewash is of a runny consistency (why is it called a gel then??) and even if you try taking out a little quantity carefully.. plop! You get more than you would use for 4 washes So the consistency is a bummer.Secondly it is soooooo difficult to wash the product off the face!! And there is a thin layer of the product (the sunscreen??) even after the miserable attempts to take the product off my face :/ I know they have mentioned on the tube that it leaves a thin film but it doesn’t feel good.  It feels as though my face hasn’t been washed properly. I would rather use a sunscreen. 



Once I was successful enough to wash off the thin layer only to find out that my skin was drier than usual. So you either keep the thin layer of layer or strip your skin off moisture and personally I hate both the options




The product doesn’t do wonders on the skin. As soon as I use this my face looks white (not bright though) but that also starts fading off after a while. And I do get tanned even if I use this.
And yes, it does contain SLES so think twice before buying it.

So overall I would just say if you see this in any counter just walk past. It isn’t worth a second look 



You may also like

10 comments:

  1. i have this and its one of the worst face wash gels i've ever used deeeps.. i hate that slippery unclean feeling on face, and seriously the consistency of the gel is "ploP" lol :)) :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh glad u reviewed this deeps..i tan easily so i thought i wud giv this range a try..

    ReplyDelete
  3. DrSukanya@FewUnnecessaryStuff18 September 2012 at 12:29

    oh! not a nice product ! will definatly stay away.Thnx for the review dear !

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol :D yea.. its just lying in my cupboard now :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. it isnt worth it.. even i bought it because i tan easily but i'd rather tan than have the slimy slippery feel after washing my face :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i so agree Deeps...this is a total flop...just makes me feel like i cant wash my face properly after so many yrs of doin it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmmmmm.....sunscreen face wash..I've never heard this before n sad to know that it isn't goood....nice review Deepika... :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you .. :)

HealthKart Discount Coupon

Use Healthkart coupon to get a discount of Rs.100/- on minimum purchase of Rs.500/-
upasanaK115V1CX


Copyright © MakeupMyPassion 2015. Powered by Blogger.