How do you store your Makeup brushes ??

11 Comments
Hi all !!
Today's post is about how i store my makeup brushes. Before that let me tell you i love love loveeee makeup brushes, especially my Sigma Synthetic Face Kit and all my eye brushes from Coastal scents, they all are my investment brushes, and i don't have any intention to buy MAC brushes.

When i started collecting my brushes, i had no clue as how should i store them in order to minimize any exposure to bacteria or dirt, and also to maintain their shape. I thought of everything  including a pencil stand,  plastic resealable bag etc. I even tried storing them in plastic containers, but either the container was short or long, resulting in a messy condition, and often the brushes would loose the shape.


I wanted something that could accommodate my brushes well, without disfiguring the brushes or spoiling the bristles, therefore i found this very cheap set of stack-able rectangle plastic container whose measurements are just enough to store all my brushes.

In one box, i have put all my face brushes in such a pattern that no 2 brush's bristles collide with each other. This is to prevent them from disfiguring each other by force or weight.


In the other box i have kept all my eye brushes, and they are kept irregardless of shape or size because they don't mess with each other  


They obviously come with a lid, that prevents any exposure to dirt (that's what i was majorly concerned for !!) and being stackable containers, i just place one on top of the another, hence saving space.


As the containers are transparent, i can see the contents properly. The containers are deep enough to store more brushes in them. 


When i wash the brushes, i make sure they have dried properly before storing them, because otherwise if you keep damp brushes in airtight containers like these.. you are intelligent enough to understand the consequences 

These containers can be purchased from any kitchenware store, and they are really cheap, probably under 100rs., this set had 3 containers, i took 2 of them, and gave 1 to my sister. All you need is to make sure you get the containers of the size just a bit bigger from the brushes to provide them enough room.

How do you store your makeup brushes ??

Godbless !!



You may also like

11 comments:

  1. i store my eyemakeup brushes in a cc cookie tin and my face brushes in the blisscovered box :P and my small travel brushes i store in a transparent pouch :D loved these boxes upsi!! and you are so organized!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I store my makeup brushes in a cardboard box....thought I dont have much brushes so its easy for me to keep them even in my vanity box :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D i have kept all my sleek palettes in blisscovered box :D :D and i dnt hv small brushes :( i wasn't organized... but its all cause of my love for the brushes !! :D i want more brushes deeeeeeppppppssss :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww but then all ur stuff is organized at one place na :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want thesee boxes so bad.. I store my make up brushes in a pouch and some are still lieing in the make up brush belt bag.. :P M Getting these :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. the brushes roll bag is convenient for travelling purpose.. but its a pain to take out brushes now and then especially when you have to use it on a daily basis !! :D i keep clean brushes in these boxes, and the dirty ones in an women horlicks dabba :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey awesome upsi...I also agree with tis type f storage..my home gets so dusty ke Bahar rakha to khatam..this is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey bhabs i think this is convenient and hassle-free way to store.. earlier it was messy and annoying to keep them any where else.. we cant even keep them in closet without covering them else dhool mitti lag hi jati hai :D these kind of boxes are easily available :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aila u have sigma brushes as well?? ok for this post to be helpful for me i need more brushes..now u have sooooo many..mujhe kuch kuch donate karo :D :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahah i can never have enough palettes and brushes !!! :D they are my jaaan <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. i used to store mine upright in cups... until i realized they were a catch-all for ever bit of grime and dust and splatter from the sink that way. not sanitary :/

    so i invested in those little organizer drawers you find in the office supply section of walmart,
    theres the benefit of storing them where dirt wont get in them,
    easy access opening closing neatly labeled drawers and i can stack another drawer set for my makeup on top of the one for my brushes. i recommend them to everyone.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you .. :)

HealthKart Discount Coupon

Use Healthkart coupon to get a discount of Rs.100/- on minimum purchase of Rs.500/-
upasanaK115V1CX


Copyright © MakeupMyPassion 2015. Powered by Blogger.